Sunday, December 20, 2009

PRAXIS EXAMS

On November 14, I took my first 2 Praxis exams: Content Knowledge and Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT). I left the testing center scared about how I did. These tests are hard. I waited a month and finallyt the results were in....PASSED!!!! I was/am so excited!!!!

Just the other day I received a package in the mail from ETS (the testing ppl) and it was a certificate of achievement because on the PLT I scored in the top 15% of all test-takers on that exam. Are you kidding me?? I was floored and extremely proud to say the least! :)

On January 9, I am scheduled to take the last 2 Praxis exams: Assessment and Reading Across the Curriculum. Guess I know what I'll be doing after Christmas! lol

My first placement for Student Teaching is January 11. I'm so nervous but more excited! I cannot believe I'm this close to finishing school and being in my career! This has been a long journey and it's almost surreal now. pinch me. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I keep hearing how intimidating those tests are. Part of me really isn't looking forward to them. :) Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Okie! They are intimidating. When I finished them, I was devastated- I just knew I had failed them.

    ReplyDelete