Monday, July 20, 2009

Job Opportunity

The school I went to growing up was a K-12 rural school that was less than 10 minutes from my home. It was predominantly white, middle-class students and teachers and we all felt like a big family in my opinion. Unlike the school in town, so I've heard, ours was usually quiet and respectful. There weren't many fights or many disturbances.

More often than not, the teachers knew our families before they even had us in class...some even went to high school with our folks. It was fairly small school. I graduated with just a little over 100 kids in my class.

About 5 years ago, the school had to add on and they built an elementary school right down the road. It now holds K-4 and the old high school is now 5-12. I haven't been in the high school to see how much it's changed now that it has more room basically. I have observed and subbed in the new addition which is really nice.

I say all this to say, that if I had my wish, I would work in this school. I know the people, the community, and I believe it's where I belong.

I found out today that one of my favorite teachers, our music teacher, told me that she knew of 4 teachers that would be retiring after this year, right when I will be applying for jobs!! She even said she'd put in a good word for me :0)

This is one thing that I will certainly be praying for. This year they got a new principal and I don't know her like I did the previous. I am hoping she's going to be just the kind of principal I want to work for. Any and all prayers on my behalf are always welcome! lol

1 comment:

  1. wow...best of luck. I have a few schools I'd be praying to work at once I get certified. I hope you make it. :)

    ReplyDelete